Skip to main content

The Nation Builder

What you can Teach today may Light the world! " I wasn't born to "just teach".  I AM BORN TO INSPIRE OTHERS, TO IMPROVE THOUGHTS, and TO NEVER GIVE UP; EVEN IF FACED WITH CHALLENGES THAT SEEM IMPOSSIBLE. " The Best Teachers Teach From The Heart Not From The Book " Education is not confined to classrooms: Endless opportunities available for students in this age No opportunity is far away in the digital age, education programs are designed as per the convenience of the people. Today, education has broadened its horizons and extended its reach and coverage since ancient times. Indeed, we have come a long way from a traditional system of schooling, Gurukul, when learning happened by remaining in constant touch with the guru and all education centered around the knowledge and learning of the guru. With technology literally vanquishing the field of education, learning is no longer confined to the walls of the classrooms. As educators and learners, one is observin

Mission Jarghand - Jesus Youth India (2015)

                             Its been a great experience being a missionary. I remember the day I took the decision to go for the mission. Its been a difficult task for me to take a decision. I have to sacrifice many thing and I have to take risk as my societies point of view. But at I decided to go. What factor helped me to take decision? I don't know much about that. Usually I don't prefer to be out of my comfort zone. The comfort zone includes my family, friends, surroundings and many more like this. I prayed well to take a decision and to get a support from others. First it was little hard but at last Jesus helped me and prepared me for the mission. I prepared everything for my journey. I got wishes and prayers from my dear JY's. I started my journey with the blessings of my beloved parents. Around evening i left home, i went to bishop house. Morning after holy mass i went to railway station. My first long travel in a train. I was so lucky to have Aby Chettan along with me to the mission area. We were comfortable in the train. Next day morning we were at Andra Pradesh and it was horrible to bear the hot climate in the train. But we were engaged as we had a lot to discuss about our own things. Time passed, soon we arrive in a station I lost my phone from the train. I was upset but Aby Chettan was always there to support me. I took it as god's will and we continued our journey.

We reached Ranchi early in the morning. It was quite a big city but not that developed. We were waiting for Fr Siby and Fr Joshy. They will be bit late so we decided have morning breakfast. It was the first time I had North Indian Dish. Without having a long wait they arrived. Fr Siby was such a simple person. More than a Priest I could find Jesus in him. We had a small shopping. Our journey begins and he started narrating about his mission place. We were keen on listening his past 10 years experience. About 12 hours Journey we reached Barwadi, Jarghand. Feels bit tired but climate was favourable. It was slightly raining.

First Week
It was the time I started brushing up my Hindi language. I didn't expect I'll be able to speak this fast. Slowly I had a good rapport with one of the family living over there. The little girl really amazed me. I was feeling so blessed. I could have really missed if I didn't come here. The very first week I visited a village and that was really a great experience for me. Their custom is entirely different. But really I felt loving Jesus on each interaction I made with them. Their simplicity made me think over and over.

I visited one of the mission school there. A boarding school. Fr George was the incharge during that time. Even though it was a small vacation couple of students were still continuing in the school hostel. I didn't ask why, but I felt they live a as family. Little one's... Really amazed me. I use to visit them whenever I had time. I played with me... Being with us I could see their hapiness... I shared with Aby Chettan this is something awesome. I really understood, over the past 10 year's he was building the kingdom of God. I really felt proud, to be in front of them to teach for a while. I think Aby Chettan was more excited than me.

Second Week
One of the unforgettable memory was the puttu...
Puttu is a type of mushroom which is just the size of a bean. It was a nice experience to go inside the forest for collecting the puttu. Sr Usha was really inspiring us with her experience on her mission place. Simplicity was one of the most attracting element I found in common. That really motivated me as well. We travelled to the neighbouring village and mission places and visited a few parish. I was experiencing how depth it was for the village people to keep their faith our Jesus. It was more than us for them about faith and devotion. The Eucharistic Celebration was one another element which attracted me over there. Even though Hindi is difficult I felt more close to Jesus... The songs and prayers helped me... I was experiencing the power of Holy Spirit over me. I shared the same with Aby Chettan and Fr Siby.  


Third Week
During this week I went to the Daltungunj diocese to meet the bishop. Around evening we reached there. I find a man watering the garden. We were excited to meet bishop, Fr Siby went inside, we were waiting for the bishop. After a while I was surprised to see the bishop, it was the same man in the casual dress watering the garden. We had a coffee together and got some time to interact with the bishop. Once again Jesus made me realise what's the real meaning of simplicity. I could see the real missionaries over there. And as usual we had village visit and it continued.

Fourth Week
I was booking my return tickets. It was not that difficult in getting tickets. Fr Siby helped me to do the same as I'm not good enough to reply in hindi language. We visited one last village which was a highly restricted area. Barwadi is place know for maoist attack. I was also thanking Jesus for protecting each and every movement. More than 10 years Fr Siby was doing his mission work over there. It was a clear evident how Jesus cares his disciples. It really encouraged me to continue with the mission activity. That was the moment which I took a commitment that I will continue the spirt of mission throughout my life for Jesus. It doesn't matter where you live, it matters how you live. Fr Siby was a clear example for the same. Father also conveyed me the difficulties that he faces. But more than that I was keen on observing the way he deals with difficulties. A trust in Jesus trust helps him move forward. It was more than a one month mission for me. It was a time period I realised my call. That day evening during my prayer I promised Jesus I'll be there for you to accomplish the task you have assigned to me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Nation Builder

What you can Teach today may Light the world! " I wasn't born to "just teach".  I AM BORN TO INSPIRE OTHERS, TO IMPROVE THOUGHTS, and TO NEVER GIVE UP; EVEN IF FACED WITH CHALLENGES THAT SEEM IMPOSSIBLE. " The Best Teachers Teach From The Heart Not From The Book " Education is not confined to classrooms: Endless opportunities available for students in this age No opportunity is far away in the digital age, education programs are designed as per the convenience of the people. Today, education has broadened its horizons and extended its reach and coverage since ancient times. Indeed, we have come a long way from a traditional system of schooling, Gurukul, when learning happened by remaining in constant touch with the guru and all education centered around the knowledge and learning of the guru. With technology literally vanquishing the field of education, learning is no longer confined to the walls of the classrooms. As educators and learners, one is observin